THE YUMMY -MELLOW KITCHEN

Every bite will be very special and intended to remind us of the yummy-mellow things in our life.

ogyep's yummy-mellow cakes are made to order homemade cooks. So, no two are alike but all of them are bake from only the HALAL and highest quality ingredients.

So, indulge yourself in this ogyep's yummy-mellow garden kitchen. It will definitely yummy you and yet mellowing others...

THOSE WHO R BZZZ IN D KITCHEN & THOSE WHO LIKE TO PEEP

Sunday 24 February 2013

KUIH KASTURI

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه
&
Good Day
Hello everyone! 
Hope you are all having a wonderful days ahead so far.
 To those who have been visiting my blog, thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts and for your interest. 
I can see that the numbers are increasing.. Thanks all ya..
Lama betul tak 'go-blog' cos I have not been on my iMac very much..
Ada sape2 yang teringin nak makan Kuih Rengas macam ogyep teringinnnnnn... Teringin bangat.. (Intro dulu ya...)
Ok, I have been a bit slack with updating, but this honour is officially the motivation I need to update my blog more often.
Has it really been over 2 weeks since my last post? 
WOW..!! Just WOW..!!
Malas ke ogyep ni..
Well, to be fair, I have been really busy with various responsibilities.
BUT,  
deep inside me, I always wanted to share my latest recipe and dishes. 
There are so many things I wanna share here however, when time, energy and work are taken into further consideration, I become demotivated. 
POOR ogyep... sobsobsob..
Well, let us go back to this very delicious fritters..
This fritters is called KUIH RENGAS or KUIH KASTURI or GREEN BEAN FRITTERS
The fritters are rich in protein from the green beans.
 Granulated sugar may be replaced with palm sugar (gula Melaka) for a not so sweet kuih.
 This traditional Malay kuih has a crispy outer layer and soft tasty filling, making it such a wonderful combination.

KUIH RENGAS
Ingredients:
300g Green (mung) beans
150g Granulated sugar
150g Grated coconut
40g All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp Salt
Batter:
120g Rice flour
60g All-purpose flour
1tbs butter
A pinch of Ground turmeric
Salt 1/2 tsp
Water 110–120 ml
-Cooking oil for deep-frying-
Method :
1. Boil green beans until tender, adding more water when necessary.
2. When all green beans are broken up and most of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated, add granulated sugar, grated coconut, plain flour and salt.
3. Stir until mixture is very mushy. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
4. Take a portion the size of a small egg and shape it into a ball. Flatten ball slightly to make 1-cm thick patties. Repeat process until mixture is used up.
5. Prepare batter. Combine rice flour, plain flour, egg, ground turmeric, salt and water. Add just enough water to obtain a smooth consistency.
6. Heat cooking oil in a pan. Coat green bean patties in batter. Fry coated patties in hot oil until crispy. Remove and drain well on absorbent paper before serving.
Du
ENJOY...!!!
till my next post..

11 comments:

  1. I find green beans very tasty. It is strange that I have never eaten this kueh before. But I can't make this yet because I have to diet first. I put on some weight during CNY. Tu lah, makan banyak sangat. All the lemak build up. Sobsssss....

    ReplyDelete
  2. salah satu kuih feberet akak jg ni
    emmmm sedappp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie, how you know this is my favorite?? Pass me 4 keping please! :) I sure love this very much since standard one, never get tired of eating. Yours look delicious.

    Have a lovely week ahead, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai Ogyep! Inilah kuih yg mula2 sekali saya belajar kat sekolah dlm kelas Sains Rumah Tangga (SRT). Sedap! tp skrg payahlah nak jumpa org jual kat kedai/gerai. Dia tak berapa popular berbanding kuih keria. Kalau ada pun jual kat kedai/gerai, rasanya kureng... tak tau apa yg silap... padahal resepinya simple je.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahh antara kuih fav QH ni...sedapnya dimkn panas2 tu..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ogyep...ni my fav kuih ni! sedapnye....

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam kak..kuih kegemaran ni..dapnyerr

    ReplyDelete
  8. lamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa puan eeiyss tak menjenguk ke blog teman2... moga ceria2 selalu.. im back! hehehhehe (^___^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This really evokes my childhood kuihs that I had during my teenage years growing up in Malaysia. Glad that you posted this recipe & I was just trying some kuih recipes for my Mat Salleh family to try; Bookmarking this recipe for sure & thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ogyep.. LM baru tau nama lain dia Rengas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I remember this kuih. We made this in school ages ago. Thanks for reminding me of this delicious kuih which I've forgotten already.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...