A very good morning to all readers out there..
May we start this Monday with a good spirit through out d week..
Have u guys had your breakfast?
This morning, ogyep would like to introduce a very special Malaysian dish.
Some call it Roti Paratha also..
Roti Chanai is a 24 hours Malaysian favourite dish.
It is served for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as a midnight snack.
Roti (bun) Chanai is said originated from Chennai. That's how it got its name..
Roti Chanai is nothing new in Malaysia.
Let us view d recipe..
(found it very difficult to put in words on d HOW TO process of d Roti Chanai, as d process is a bit complicated to explain, especially at the part of flip & ply d dough.. hehehe)
** you got to prepare the dough earlier, as you got to leave them overnight before you could knead and plied them into a roti chanai.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup water
1 tbs sweetened creamer
2 tbs butter / ghee
1 cup or more cooking oil
1. Mix salt in d water.
2. Put flour in a mixing bowl. Add s salted water gradually.
3. Add in d sweetened creamer
4. Combined them to a dough. Knead until smooth until you got a non-sticky dough.
5. Oiled your hands with butter/ghee. Balled out d dough.
6. In another clean bowl, pour some oil so that the d ball size dough do not stick to the bowl. Arrange d dough in the bowl. Make sure you that u have coated all the dough with the butter/ghee, so that they wouldn't stick to each other.
7. Totally immerse the dough with the cooking oil.
8. Cover the bowl. Leave overnight.
9. Next morning, the dough is ready for further kneading & pliable.
10. Oil your kneading place. Take out 1 ball dough, flatten it with your palm into a size of a big plate.
11. Flip and ply the dough like a pizza. Flip it few time and spread it until you got a paper thin thickness.
12. Bring each edge of d spread dough to d middle to a square shape.
13. Grease a pan with cooking oil, cook until golden brown.
14. Best serves with chicken/beef curry or dhal broth.