Western Menu is my kids' favourite.
These menus are their favourite. Fried chicken, mashed potato & coleslow a.k.a. KFC menu.
Normally, I will prepare simple dinner for my family on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
B'coz.. on those days, my 2 eldest girls will go for tuition class which starts @ 8pm.
On those days, they r always rushing for dinner. .
Back from school at 7pm..
straight upstairs for shower & prayer..
down again for dinner..
by 7.45pm got to be out for the class..
quite tight allowance for a heavy dinner..
This is my ogyep's Fried Chicken..
They really love these. They will ask for these again, as soon as they get back from tuition class.. Supper Meal..
ogyep's Fried Chicken
Any parts of chicken (8 pcs)
2 egg yolk
1/2 cup corn flour
2 tbs wheat flour
2 tbs chicken curry powder (optional - for spicy fried chicken)
1. Clean and dry d chicken. If d chicken is still wet, wipe a bit bit tissue.
2. Beat egg yolks. Put aside.
3. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
4. With one hand, dip the chicken into d egg yolk. Make sure the yolk covers every part of the chicken.
Drop d chicken in the flour mixtures.
5. With d other hand, roll d chicken with the flour mixtures.
6. Deep fry d chicken.
4 white potatos
1 cup milk (i use HLMarigold)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Peel & boil d potatoes.
2. Mashed or blend (for smooth mixture) d potatoes. Transfer into bowl.
3. Heat d milk on slow heat. (Do not boil)
4. Pour d milk into the mashed potato bowl.
5. Quickly, mix them well. If you feel like having more moist mashed potato, add some more milk.
Brown Sauce Topping
1 can button mushroom (Ayam Brand)
1 can water (the same can)
1 cube Knorr chicken stock.
2 tbs butter
Note : you can also add the left over fried flour in the wok from the fried chicken that you have fried, when you blend the mushroom. (extra taste to the sauce)
1. Wash the button mushroom.
2. Blend the button mushroom with 1 can of water
3. Boil the blanched button mushroom - slow heat.
4. Add the chicken cube.
5. Sieve the mixture.
6. Add butter and 1 tbs of d mashed potato u made earlier to thicken d sauce. Mix well.
1tsp Lemon Juice
1. Grate carrot & cabbage.
2. Mix all ingredients. Keep in fridge at least 30 min. for better taste.